Green Reuse Tip It
It is good practice to reuse as much as you can. It will prevent waste and for plastic items help keep them out of dumps!
Items you can Reuse at least once:
* water bottles. as long as you keep them clean, you can reuse them several times. It will save you money just to refill the bottle with tap. refrigerate it and you are good to go.
* newspaper. you can use old newspapers to clean your windows and mirrors, as shelf liners and more. reusing newspapers can really help save on paper purchases, thus saving trees!
* donate or free-cycle. items like clothes, toys, books…almost anything can be donated or given away instead of tossed. just make sure it is clean and in decent condition.
* make compost. use your unused natural food items to make compost.
* batteries. stop buying one time use batteries and only purchase rechargeable ones.
* refillable. buy condiments, shampoos and the like in large containers and refill smaller user-friendly container for it. This will help you buy less bottles and use less plastic!
* bags. stop using paper and plastic bags. buy canvas bags and reuse them over and over again.
* paper. any time your printer messes up or you make an error when using paper, let your kids use it to color on. or, you can use it as scrap.
* clothing. use old socks, t-shits and cloth materials as rags, to clean the car or to dust with.
* egg cartons. these can be reused for arts and crafts, paint holders, taco items, or even to organize jewelry or small items.
* plastic milk jugs. these can be used for pots for plants or even to water them.
* cardboard boxes. go to a fun place with your kids that has a hill and have a summer sledding competition! cut large squares and use the cardboard as your “sleigh.”
As you can see, there are many many ways that you can reuse items you use everyday. Be creative and brainstorm about how you can make the most of everything and be a good steward to God’s planet!
Copyright © Green Christian Network, All Rights Reserved
About the Author: Cindy Taylor is a Christian stay at home Mom who love the Lord and cares about God’s planet. You can see her passion and writing at her website, Green Christian Network (http://greenchristiannetwork.com).