Go Green – Get Rid of Junk Mail
Four million tons of junk mail is sent every year…at least half of which is never even opened. You probably are aware that your name, address, and spending habits are regularly being traded and sold on the open market. By investing half an hour now, you can rid yourself of most of the junk mail for up to five years…and save a few trees while you’re doing it.
So here are a few tips that you can work on to lessen the load of junk you get every day:
- Product warranty cards do not register your product…that was done when you purchased it. They are used to fin out about your interests and your income for the sole purpose of junk mail.
- When ordering something on the phone, tell them specifically to not give your name and address to other companies for any reason.
- Any time you donate money or order a product or service by mail, write on it in large letters, telling them not to sell your name and address.
- When the junk come by first class mail, cross out the address and bar code, circle the first class postage and write “refused: return to sender”.
- Your credit card companies are the worst offenders and probably sell your name and address more than anyone else. Stopping them is easy; you just need your address and social security number. One call does it all for agencies Equifax, Trans Union, Experian and Innovis. Dial 1-888-5 OPT OUT (or 1-888-567-8688) 24 hours a day.
Lisa is a freelance writer with a specialty in Internet content and SEO articles. She has written thousands of articles, hundreds of ebooks and thousands of website pages and related content. She has also authored her own books and works as a consultant to other writers, Internet marketers and Internet businesses.
Professional wordsmith for hire: gamer, wife, mother, entrepreneur, published poet, co-owner of game guides company (http://www.liti4.com), public speaker and Internet business consultant. You can learn more or follow Lisa’s blog from her website: http://www.freelancewriter4hire.com